niraling Choosing the Right Kitchen Sink for Your Kitchen
Kitchens in India often form the heart of the household. It is sacred, it is essential and it is often the identity of the family. Designing a kitchen from scratch or remodelling an old one can be a stressful task if done without some proper planning. The colour of the walls, the type of stove top, the size of the fridge and the number of shelves to hold all the spices are all equally important.
However, another important part of the kitchen, which is the kitchen sink, is most often not given much thought to. It must be remembered that choosing the right sink and faucet for your kitchen is an extremely crucial decision to make.
We understand the sanctity of a well planned kitchen and want to help you on this journey. We have put together this guide which enlists the things you should look for while choosing the right kitchen sink for your kitchen. This guide is a combination of tips and information which includes the interior aspect as well as the utility side of things.
- The correct size of the sink – the size of a kitchen sink is primarily divided into big and small. These big and small kitchen sinks then have their own subparts in the portfolio. The factors that are considered to determine the correct size of the sink is the size of the kitchen, space available for installing the sink, the different uses of the sink and the different installation that one is looking for. Another important factor to be considered is the lifestyle of the individual.
- The correct shape of the sink – once the size has been decided upon, the next thing to decide is the shape. The factors that help in deciding on the shape is the usage that the individual is looking at and also what fits well with the interior of the entire kitchen.
- The right material for the sink – a kitchen sink is made up of different materials out of which the most common one is stainless steel. This material is the most preferred one out of all the others because it is easy to clean and requires less maintenance. Some other materials are granite, natural stone and porcelain. The price range also differs with the material and hence that should be considered too along with utility.
- Configuration of the sink – this entails the number of bowls that the sink will have. This again largely depends on lifestyle and usage patterns. The single bowl sink is the most common one and the one after that is the two bowl sink which also serves as a multipurpose sink.
- The type of installation – this means how one wants the sink to be installed in the kitchen. The different options available are a top mounted sink, under mounted sink and flush mount sink. The interior of the kitchen will help to determine this.
- It is advisable to visit a showroom and see the different sinks.